2017 Master Gardener Youth Flower Fair
Tuesday, August 8, 2017,
5:30 PM -
General Information: Youth must be enrolled in Genesee County 4-H to
exhibit a maximum
of THREE (3) entries per class.
- The cultivar or variety name should be included on all entry cards. If the cultivar or variety is not known,
common plant names will be accepted i.e. Bachelor
- Blooms of weeds or shrubs will not be evaluated.
- Foliage below the water-line should be removed.
- If your exhibit is selected for State Fair, please refer to the NYS
Youth Building Exhibit book for specific entry details.
- Largest Sunflower by diameter.
- Best Gladiolus (1 spike with
at least 12-inch stem)
- Open Class Cut Flowers (3
stems of a single variety, stems should be 8-inches long, except where type of
flower makes this impossible)
- Cut Flower Collection of 6 different flowers.
(1 stem per type of flower, list flower name or variety for each specimen)
- Table Floral Arrangement (Live
plant materials only, not over 12-inches in diameter and 8-inches in height
from top of container, list plants and varieties if known)
– may enter the above class numbers: 2 – 5 for participation.
blooming cut flower suggestions:
- Bachelor Button
- Rudbeckia (Coneflowers, Black-eyed Susan)
Resources for Preparing Cut Flowers for Exhibits
Kennedy Building - Genesee County Fair Grounds
5056 East Main St Rd
Batavia, NY 14020